BSC Captain In Training (CIT) Program
Watch us grow and spread the "joy of guiding"
Are you an experienced cyclist wanting to learn how you can share a favorite activity with a low vision fellow cyclist? Then, follow scores of others who have become qualified tandem captains (or “pilots”) via the BSC's popular Captain In Training (CIT) program.
How it Works:
CIT Students can follow these steps to gain the equipment and skills for captaining a tandem - through the self-paced, tailored, 1-on-1 CIT Program managed by Captain Trainer, Sue Stewart:
1. Become a BSC Member “JOIN HERE” at blindstokersclub.org
2. Meet with BSC Director and take custody of a tandem from BSC loaner fleet (tandem transport vehicle and proper home storage required).
3. Watch two-part Tandem Clinic Video on the 3rd page of BSC website.
4. Receive CIT Student-Trainer introduction email from the Director.
5. Arrange a training session with CIT Trainer on your loaner tandem.
6. Assess and discuss need for additional training; repeat steps 5/6 as needed.
7. Graduate from the CIT Program!
8. Meet with Director to discuss BSC stokers' status and best-fit candidates for the newest BSC tandem Captain to share-the-ride with.
Note: All BSC Members are expected to complete LAB "Smart Cycling" courses offered locally.
Your opportunity to practice the “joy of guiding” is charted and ready when you are . . . along with unexpected discoveries and enrichment in and around the BSC.